英文摘要的基本格式 Basic Abstract Format
一篇英文摘要指的是一篇論文的簡短重要訊息的陳述，它是一篇論文的濃縮版本，重 點說明論文的主要觀點並簡要敘述其內容和範疇，以濃縮方式來呈現整篇論文內容。 它包含研究的目的、方法、結果和結論，採用一種簡潔、不重複的格式來撰述。 雖然英文摘要的呈現是在一篇論文的第一線，它卻是最終撰寫完成，作者必須完成論文其 他部分，才能從中選擇重要資訊做出總結。
1. 研究背景 Background 或研究動機 Motivation
為何要研究此題目？The reader wants to know why your research is important, and what the purpose of it is. Start off your descriptive abstract by considering the following questions:
- Why did you decide to do this study or project?
- How did you conduct your research?
- What did you find?
- Why is this research and your findings important?
- Why should someone read your entire essay?
2. 研究問題 Problem 或目的 Purpose
研究的主題為何？具體說出你提出方法的目的。Abstracts state the “problem” behind your work. Think of this as the specific issue that your research or project addresses.
- What problem is your research trying to better understand or solve?
- What is the scope of your study – a general problem, or something specific?
- What is your main claim or argument?
3. 研究方法 Method
使用什麼研究方法？This is the section where you give an overview of how you accomplished your study.
- Discuss your own research including the variables and your approach.
- Describe the evidence you have to support your claim
- Give an overview of your most important sources.
4. 結果與討論 Results and Discussion
發現了什麼結果？(informative abstract only). This is where you begin to differentiate your abstract between a descriptive and an informative abstract. In an informative abstract, you will be asked to provide the results of your study.
- What answer did you reach from your research or study?
- Was your hypothesis or argument supported?
- What are the general findings?
5. 討論 Conclusion
意涵與應用 This should finish up your summary and give closure to your abstract. In it, address the meaning of your findings as well as the importance of your overall thesis.
- What are the implications of your work?
- Are your results general or very specific?
If you need to write an thesis abstract for an academic or scientific paper, don’t panic! Your abstract is simply a short, standalone summary of the work or paper that others can use as an overview.An abstract describes what you do in your thesis, whether it’s a scientific experiment or a literary analysis paper. It will help your reader to understand the paper and it will help people searching for a particular work to find it and decide whether it suits their purposes.