1. Mr. Chan speaks English extremely fluently. (fluently“流利地”修飾speaks，而extremely“非常地”修飾fluently)
2. Fortunately he passed the entrance examination. (修飾整個子句)
3. The problem is virtually difficult. (virtually“真正地”修飾difficult)
(a) adv+ adj或adv：副詞修飾形容詞或副詞本身則擺在前面，但enough例外，其位置應為adj或adv+ enough。
例：1. The child is totally independent. (totally“完全地”修飾independent)
2. He writes very carelessly. (修飾carelessly)
3. He didn’t run fast enough to catch the train. (enough修飾fast)
1. He was born in Taiwan in 1980.
1. I happened to see him at a bookstore in Taipei at 8：30 last night.
2. He was born in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
(c) 時間副詞(always, often, usually, never, ever, suddenly, sometimes, still, frequently, seldom, hardly, scarcely“幾乎不”)在動詞片語中的位置為(1)S+ be+時間副詞，(2)S+時間副詞+V，(3)S+助動詞+時間副詞+動詞。
1. Ann is often at the library in the evening.
2. My father usually gets up before 5：30.
3. We will never forget your kindness.
1. I would totally agree with you.
2. We can easily understand what he means.
3. They have completely solved their problem.
(e) V+ O+ adv：若動詞表達“認為”或“使‥”則用adj當受詞補語，其它意思則用adv以修飾動詞。
1. Jack opened the door slowly.
2. They finished their assignments quickly.
3. We consider him honest. (honest為adj，當受詞補語)
4. Studying keeps (使) me busy. (當受詞補語)