例：1. John thinks that swimming is much more interesting than studying.
2. His works are as famous as his master’s.
3. The library in the present is bigger than that in the past. (本句that指the library)
2. 加強比較的用字：加強形容詞與副詞的原級用so, too, very等字，若加強比較級則用much, far,或a little等字。
1. It’s very warm today.
2. The film itself is much better than the book.
1. Her clothes are more better than Mary’s. (去掉more)
2. It is the most biggest hotel in New York. (去掉most)
4. 比較的倒裝：A+ V1+as…+as+ B+ V2
A+ V1+more…than+ B+ V2
1. Country children can read as quickly as city children can.
= Country children can read as quickly as can city children.
= Country children can read as quickly as city children.
2. The Polynesians love the sea as much as the Indians do.
= The Polynesians love the sea as much as do the Indians.
= The Polynesians love the sea as much as the Indians.