除If之外，其它wish, as if, without等亦可引導假設語氣的結構。
(a) 表達與未來事實相反：S+ with+ (that)+ S+ should+原形動詞
例：I wish I could go to the party tomorrow.
(b) 表達與現在事實相反：S+ wish+ (that)+ S+過去式
1. I wish I were a millionaire.
2. I wish I had enough money.
(c) 表達與過去事實相反：S+ wish+ (that)+ S+ had+ p.p.
例：I wish I had known he was in hospital.
2. as if (= as though, 似乎，好像)：as if所引導的假設語氣結構與上述wish的結構一樣。
(a) 表達與未來事實相反：S+ V+ as if+ S+ could +原形
例：He looks as if he would do it.
(b) 表達與現在事實相反：S+ V+ as if+ S+ were
1. He looks as if he were a rich man.
2. He looks as if he liked it.
(c) 表達與過去事實相反：S+ V+ as if+ S+ had+ p.p.
例：He talked as if he had read that book.
3. with 表示“若有”，without 表示“若無”，亦是引導假設語氣的結構。
(a) 表達與未來或與現在事實相反：Without+ NP, S+ could +have+ p.p.
例：With your help, I might succeed now.
(b) 表達與過去事實相反：Without+ NP, S+ could +have+ p.p.
例：Without your help, I could have failed then.
註：事實上，with+ NP與without+ NP語意上等於第一節If子句的部份，故主要子句所用的動詞是一樣的。
4. 表達命令要求、堅持、建議勸告等動詞所引導的假設語氣：這類動詞常考者包括order, command, demand, ask, require(命令要求)；insist, maintain(堅持)；suggest, propose, recommend, advise(建議勸告)。
(a) S+ V+ (that)+ S+ (should)+原形動詞：that與should皆可省略，若省略should，則後面動詞一律用原形。
1. I insisted (that) he (should) come back early.
2. My sister demanded (that) he (should) apologize (道歉)。
3. Jane suggested that I (should) buy a car.
(b) It be+ p.p.+ that+ S+ (should)+原形動詞
1. It was required that he (should) finish his work on time.
2. It is recommended that we (should) do more exercise.
(c) It be+ adj+ that+ S+ (should)+原形：這種結構的形容詞(adj)亦是表達命令要求、堅持、建議勸告的語氣，常考的包括necessary, important, imperative, essential, insistent, advisable等。
1. It is necessary that he (should) make an immediate decision.
2. It is advisable that we (should) do exercise at least twice a week.
5. It+ be (about或high) +time(that)+S+過去式：表達“該是‥的時候了”。
1. It is time that you worked hard.
2. It is about time you went to bed.